Code of conduct at Reddish North End FC
The FA Coaches Association Code of Conduct
- Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of each and every player within the context of the sport.
- Coaches must adhere to all guidelines laid down by governing bodies.
- Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with each player based on mutual trust and respect.
- Coaches must not exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Coaches must encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their behaviour and performance.
- Coaches must ensure that the activities they direct or advocate are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience, and ability of players.
- Coaches should at the outset, clarify with the players (and were appropriate, parent) exactly what is expected of them and also what they are entitled to expect from their coach.
- Coaches must co-operate fully with other specialists (e.g. other coaches, officials, sports scientists, doctors, physio’s)
in the best interests of the player.
- Coaches must advocate the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play and never condone violations of the Laws of the Game, rules, regulations or the use of prohibited substances)
- Coaches must consistently display high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Coaches must not use or tolerate inappropriate language
Code of Conduct for Parents and Spectators
- Parents and spectators should show respect for the club rules and codes of conduct.
- At all times parents and spectators should be positive and encourage players.
- Parents and spectators should assist the coach and not obstruct or issue conflicting instructions during matches or training.
- Parents should always be mindful that the coach alone will decide on team formations, substitutions, match day strategies, and decision making and at NO TIME should they interfere with the way in which the coach approaches each individual game.
- Physical abuse, threats or verbal abuse of any Reddish North End coach could result in your child’s expulsion from the club. (Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated by Reddish North End FC)
- Parents and spectators should respect the rules of the game, the opposition, match officials and the parents and spectators
of the opposing team.
- Parents and guardians should ensure that children arrive safely and travel home safely.
- Parents and guardians should provide safety gear – shin pads, and ensure that children abide by health and safety rules. (No jewellery or chewing of gum during training or matches).
- Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated at any time.
LET’S MAKE IT ENJOYABLE!!
Code of Conduct for Players
- Players must make every effort to develop their sporting ability and give maximum effort during a game or training.
- Players should set a positive example and avoid all forms of gamesmanship, time wasting and the use of inappropriate language.
- Players should respect the laws of the game and competition rules.
- Players should respect opponents, avoid violence, rough play and should help injured opponents.
- Players should respect match officials and accept decisions without protest.
- Players should abide by the instructions of their coach, team officials and show respect to the team officials of the opposition.
- Players should show due respect to the interests of supporters.